Listen Live on  
 

106.5 The Lake

We Play Anything in Cleveland
 
 

Local Student dies from a caffeine overdose

 
Posted Monday, June 30th 2014 @ 8am  by staff

(LAGRANGE)- The Lorain County coroner says a high school senior found dead a week before graduation died from a caffeine overdose.

An autopsy found that Logan Stiner had a lethal amount of caffeine in his system when he died at home on May 27.

The 18-year-old was a senior at Keystone High School in LaGrange, southwest of Cleveland. The Lorain County Coroner tells The Chronicle-Telegram in Elyria that Stiner had more than 70 micrograms of caffeine per milliliter of blood in his system.

 The coroner says most energy drinks have three to 15 micrograms of caffeine.

Stiner's mother tells the newspaper that she found bags of caffeine powder in their house on the day he died. The coroner says powder caused Stiner to have a cardiac arrhythmia and a seizure.

 Get breaking news sent to your mobile phone. Text "news" to 21095.

(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press, all rights reserved.) 

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

Recommended Stories

More from 106.5 The Lake

*